What a special day November 4th turned out to be. For the first time ever, Ophelia called me "mama". It wasn't just babbling or her trying to say "more", she actually looked at me and said "mama" (with accompanying sign, of course). It was soooo very special and touching. I think before that moment, I never really internalized that I am a Mother. It's just been simply things I do: I take care of her, hang out with her, tell her things and talk back at her babbles, but it's not someone else's child I am babysitting here...it's my daugther. And I am her "mama"! Now, officially! The cute part is that she says it with a French (or Spanish) accent, with a stress on the second "ma".
To make things fair, she also said "papa" that night as well :) She is just so smart!
That night PJ and I were talking in the kitchen, when Ophelia got suspiciously quiet somewhere in another room (I should've reacted sooner...I guess this was a learning experience). We came out into the living room to find this:

WOOOW! This is a no-no-no and she totally knows she is not supposed to touch the toilet paper. PJ started laughing and I was trying to keep a staight face, so she knew that I was not happy. But it was hard to do with her showing me what she has discovered:

The funniest part was to watch her pick all the paper up again and put it on top of the toilet. I am guessing she was trying to put it back where it belongs:


Funny girl! She did go to time-out for that...after I was done taking the video of her :)
haha, this is so cute!
ReplyDelete