Saturday, December 11, 2010

Many days of sniffles

This has been a tough week because of our little Ophelia's cold. I guess, I am assuming it's a cold and praying that it's nothing more serious. She has been caughing a lot, having some trouble breathing and sleeping. She hasn't been eating well. I realize more and more what my Mom meant when she said she would rather be sick herself than seeing her kids ailing. That's exactly how I feel. With maybe some complaining, in exchange for words of comfort, I can take a cold any day (or week). But when it's my own child...I just feel so so so bad. The other day, after her nap, she was just laying on the couch with her paci and blankie in hand, and watching me. She just seemed weak and not her playful self. Those are some hard moments as a mother...

The past two days, it has been getting better though. We borrowed a humidifier from our friends, the Stahelis, and at least she has hardly coughed at night at all, being able to sleep well and letting me sleep. One problem is that extra humidity in our house will likely lead to more mold. But at this point, I would rather have a better-feeling baby and deal with the mold in other ways. Maybe we'll put a dehumidifier in her room, once she is over this thing :)

Here are some pictures from the ward Chritmas activity:



No comments:

Post a Comment