Tuesday, February 1, 2011

January update and February snow

January came and went very quickly for some reason. PJ had a bad cold right a week before the semester started and then I cought the bug and was out for a week and a half. I rarely get sick and being THAT sick is really unusual. The cold traveled into my ears, so I didn't hear very well. It was frustrating not being able to hear things and I feel very empathetic towards those who have to deal with that all the time... I am feeling great now and my hearing is almost back to normal. What a blessing it is though, that through PJ and me being sick, Ophelia didn't get any of it. It was soooo hard not to be able to kiss those rosy little cheeks!!!

While I was doing lots of resting, Ophelia got to watch A LOT of TV. Her favorite is Elmo (she even tries to sing his "la-la-la" song sometimes), but "signing time" is still a loved video too. I am amazed to see her recognize letters that she saw on Sesame street videos. One night, as we were reading a verse from the Book of Mormon with her, she pointed to the "B" symbol and exclaimed "bee!", which left PJ and me in amazment! Made me not feel so bad for letting her watch so much TV, since she is learning from it. For "signing time", we are learning about feelings and she has been mastering new signs for grumpy, silly, love, and surprised :) She has also been projecting feelings onto her doll. One time Ophelia fell pretty hard in the living room and cried for a while as I was consoling her. Five minutes later, she brought her doll to the same spot in the living room, dropped it hard on the floor, and started to fake cry, showing us that the doll was crying. It was hilarious! She did pick up the doll and consoled it too! I keep being amazed daily by my little girl, she is growing up quickly and learning so much every minute! Here's Ophelia watching her favorite show:







This has been a busy semester for PJ already, but we just keep the thought in mind that this is his last full-time semester, next one will be much lighter and it will be his last semester too. He is teaching two lower-level Spanish classes at UTA, which is a lot of responsibility, but a very good experience for him. He is also teaching an ESL class at TCC this semester and today was supposed to be the first day, but due to the crazy feezing cold weather all campuses are closed. So, it's a no school day! It snowed last night, so Ophelia got to see snow in person for the first time in her life. She wasn't too crazy about it...maybe because it was 20 F (-7 C) outside! PJ tried to get her to eat snow but she didn't want to do it :)







No comments:

Post a Comment