Saturday, August 27, 2011

August happenings

The time slipped away from me as the new semester began. Seems that we have stuff to do all the time. Ophelia started her weekly tumbling and music classes at the Hurst rec center. She loves the music class and is kind of getting tired of tumbling - mostly she just has a hard time sitting and following the teacher's lead, she'd rather be running around and doing the obstacle course or the trampoline or the balance beam. I think I'll try a different class next time.

PJ and I went on a fun date in August. Despite over 100 degree heat, we had lots of fun! The ropeline people almost didn't let me do it when they found out I was pregnant, but you could barely even tell that I was. I think my belly grew the next few weeks following our date about 4 times that size.





Our little queen bee continues to grow and come up with fun things to do. It is so amazing to see her imagination grow and thinking skills expand...like sticking Mr.Potatohead face parts into her own face: ears, mouth, hat, glasses...she had a hard time with the nose :) And here she is making a "beard" for herself:


I made some homemade playdough and Ophelia is a huge fan. She likes to make pretend mama, papa and Ophelia. Sometimes we make pretend couches and cribs and the other day we made pretend church :)


Here is how big she's gotten, despite the fact she doesn't realize her own dimentions yet :) This babycrib suffered some damage already!


And PJ has expanded his skills to include sushi making! And he is really good at it! Yumm-yumm!


No comments:

Post a Comment