Friday, September 30, 2011

It's a...BOY!

Time to update our blog! Have not been so good about it lately...I have to justify, so here are my excuses:

  • I read all of the Twilight series and LOVED it. I have been missing out! I thought of it as some silly love books, that everyone was too overly obsessed with...and now I am in the club :) I loved the Harry Potter books, so I guess I should have guessed I would love these as well. I am glad to have started reading when all four books are aleardy published, so I could enjoy the whole story. It is a total chick flick, love story, teenage drama, but sooo intriguing, addicting, clean, and exciting! I spend about two weeks spending all my free time reading those books, thus the blog was on hold.

  • Our laptop broke...and it hasn't even been 6 months since we bought it! I had to ship it to the Lenovo support people twice, because they didn't fix the problem the first time. Turned out to be a faulty hard drive...Glad that we had all of our files and pictures backed up. It has been working fine since then, but without it for two weeks, I had limited internet access, so no blogging either.

  • I have been putting together photo books from our vacations to Ireland, 3 years ago, and the one this summer. And also I have been trying to work on Ophelia's baby book. I am so behind on it and the new baby is on the way and will need a baby book too! Once again, the blog was on hold.


  • Now that I am finally back in blogging business, I am happily announcing that we are having a little BOY! And are so excited about it! Here is face:

    Side view:



    And the "manhood"! See the arrow pointing at it?




    Crazy and exciting! Camille is having a boy as well. So come next year our family will have two little additions on the boy side!

    The scary part was that we had to have an emergency ultrasound to make sure the baby was OK, and that's how we found out that it's a boy. I was looking for my knitting stuff (nesting issues), that was buried under some pretty heavy boxes in the closet...of course, I can do anything, right? Well, not so much, being 18 weeks pregnant. I started bleeding and had to go to the doctor's ASAP. Everything checked out normal (more answers to prayers!) and we got to peek in the womb!

    We prayed about the name just like we prayed for Ophelia's name. We were flipping through a hymn book one Sunday and stopped at the page of the names of authors. One name immediatly jumped out at us: Emerson! We loved it! It was confirmed first to PJ when he was reading something else, and Emerson (Ralph Waldo) was mentioned there and then I was reading a book about Lamaze birthing and they randomly quoted Emerson as well. Anyways, we feel really good about it and are moving forward with faith!

    1 comment:

    1. Congratulations you guys! We miss you a lot out here! A boy!!! What a joy!!! Were you surprised?
      Boys are a lot of fun. More rowdy and less whiny.
      So happy for you two.

      ReplyDelete