Monday, December 19, 2011

Master's: Mission Completed!

Soooo excited to announce that PJ finally graduated with his Master's in Modern Languages! It's been a long and hard two years, but we made it! And he got straight As too! So proud of my smart, hard-working, handsome husband! YAY!

The camera has been busy capturing our day-to-day adventures and joys of our journey :) Here is Ophelia enjoying her favorite veg of late: broccoli:



One day we went to Olive Garden and we got a kid's meal for her, which consisted of alfredo pasta and a side of steamed broccoli. Well, the side of broccoli was this HUGE bowl, which in my mind I pictured having to pack in a to-go box when I first saw it. To my and PJ's astonishment, our little girl devoured ALL of it!!! Of course salad dressing was involved (she will eat anything she can with dressing, and sometimes that's how we get her to eat things is by smearing it in dressing), but still the whole bowl of broccoli down into that tiny stomach?! We were impressed...no pictures of the messy diaper that followed the next day, which I am sure you are grateful for :)

Ophelia has lately been a normal picky two-year old eater. One day she loves something, the next day she refuses to touch it (does not apply to broccoli). But we have been calling her eating style "a model's diet". She seems to like a lot of things that are low in calories (cucumbers, broccoli, pickles) and whenever she eats meats, like chicken nuggets, or ground beef, she will give it a bite and chew on it forever and then spit it out...It does get frustrating, but I am hoping she will grow out of it soon. I have to say though that she is at least always willing to try things. Even if she will spit it out if it's not to her liking, she still at least gives it a shot!

Here is papa and Ophelia chilling before church:



And here is my little exercising buddy:



She asks to do these videos with me, my pegnancy pilates videos! I don't know why she likes it so much, but it's cute to see her trying to repeat the moves of the girl on the screen.



Ophelia is incredible at navigating my iPod touch. In one of the latest General Conferences, Elder Bednar talked about the youth being wired to work with technology. He was saying that in refence to youth doing family history work, but it is so true! PJ and I are amazed to watch her turn the iPod on, find all the games and puzzles, play all of them, solve the puzzles, play music...and she really is just 2 years and 3 months old?!






We had our Ward Christmas Party at the beginning of this month. PJ played "O, Holy night" with brother Dewey. They did an awesome job! That song is definitely one of my top favorite Christmas songs of all times.

Ophelia "smiling" for the camera... I think she learned to do that at school...Whenever I ask her to smile for the picture, she does this:






I look and feel so big at this point of my pregnancy. Not sure if it's because it's a boy, or because it's my second baby, but I do look like I am about to give birth any day...but I still have 10 more stinkin' weeks to go...10 more weeks of people asking me "when are you due?" or "you haven't had that baby yet?" and "you are still pregnant?". Don't get me wrong, I enjoy being pregnant immensely and I still need lots of time to get ready for this baby, but it just is not helping that me and Emerson are growing so much!!! I am sure all the Christmas goodies will not help the situation...So, in conclusion, I am happy that PJ is done with his Master's, so I can have more little breaks, like today when he took Ophelia to ChickfilA while I cleaned the house and then played with her quietly while I took an afternoon nap :) Love my hubby :)

2 comments:

  1. I love those prego palates. You look great!
    And about picky eaters, I have two of those. Tasia used to be a great fruit eater, now AJ is a broccoli eater. We make a big deal when he does eat it and it worked. he eats broccoli like it is candy, because we awe over it when he does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome...congratulations!!! As for picky eating...everything will find it's time line...meat is the last thing kids learn to love!!! Maybe this is a good thing!!! We saw that video and Piter posted it!!! He also has just about learned to play it!!!

    ReplyDelete