Before my Mom left, I thought how in the world am I going to do this by myself? Cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, and dealing with TWO kids? I guess I took it one day at a time and it didn't take long to get back into a daily rhythm of things with just me and the kids. Now I just think of how luxurious it was to have my Mama here! Mainly it has gone smoother than I thought, because I let Emerson be more on his own now. My Mom spoiled him with holding him all the time, but he really is good without it...I think he enjoys the freedom :) I close the doors to the rooms where I don't want him to go and other than that he roams all over the house, checking things out, making messes at times, and pulling himself up on whatever he can.
Ophelia has been so sweet to help me with her little brother too! Here she is trying to put his shoes on:
Emerson has started to get around super fast these days. He can pull himself up on anything and them push that thing around the house: chairs, toys, boxes, whatever! Here he is pushing his little train:
We actually had to take that train to Grandma and Grandpa's house and exchange it for another pushing/riding toy, because Emerson flipped over it a couple of times, once hitting his head on the tile pretty bad. It has to do with him pushing the top parts of the toy, and the toy's center of gravity. Poor little guy!
We had some friends come for a quick visit from Fort Worth, which we loved!
PJ got his early birthday present - a drum set! It's one that I could agree to as well, because it's electronic and all the noise can be contained in the headphones. Love it! Ophelia has been loving it too:
Our Valentine's Day home-made pizza:
One day I thought it would be funny to do a cheerios eating path for Emerson, kind of like one you see in silly movies and cartoons - when the person eats one by one piece until reaching the enticer's destination. Ha! It does not work in real life! And here is the proof:
These are pictures from our fun trip to the safari zoo, in the middle of the hill country. It was a beautiful day and we had a blast. Even the little men enjoyed seeing all of the animals.
Animal crackers take on a new meaning when eaten at a zoo:
These three llamas were so funny positioned. One behind another perfectly spaced in a straight line!
The petting zoo got some anxiety the second Ophelia stepped foot into it!
And you can see why! She wanted to pet all of them and she ran from one species to the other, scaring the poor animals.
No comments:
Post a Comment