WE DID IT!!!! Camille and I ran our first EVER 5K!!! And it was an obstacle course 5K too. We trained ever since February. By the end of April I was finally able to run 5 km non-stop on the treadmill. I was concerned I had no outdoor 5K running experience, but I figured I'll survive. We had so much fun! In all the pictures that the race photographer took, I am smiling. I was just having a blast. The obstacles were pretty doable, and made for nice little breaks between running, so that I didn't even get worn out and was able to do a longer sprint stretch at the end.
Here we are right before the race:
You can see the obstacle on the course, the tire pile:
The finish line balloon bump:
Climbing over the wall. Camille cheering me on in the front. You can see our little capes on her, the bibs we pinned on our backs, that said: "Mommy Is The Best":
After the race:
We took our time coming up with a team name, and also Mark and PJ helped us. We wanted to do something "mommy" related, Mothers On a Diva Dash, team MODD. Yay!



No comments:
Post a Comment