Sunday, May 26, 2013

Let the summer begin!

All the cabinets in the house have become pretty much free-for-all play areas. Sigh! But when I have to get dinner done, anything works to keep the kids happy and entertained. Emerson also loves taking all of the silverware out of the dishwasher and putting it either on the dishwasher's top rack or bottom area, where the drain is. Then he closes all the silverware compartment's lids and shuts the dishwasher door. I guess that's what order in the dishwasher seems to be like to a 15-month old!


Bath time giggles with Papa:


Our newest Craigslist purchase. This will be perfect for summertime adventures in the backyard. Emerson has not mastered the climb up the stairs to get to the top, and it's a good thing. His head has enough bruises as it is without this.


We made it out to the splash pad and officially opened the outside water-play season!


This is all new and exciting to Emerson. He was so excited the whole time!



Here are his squeals of excitement:


Ophelia got too cold towards the end:


Mother's Day is the best, most wonderful, relaxing, awesome holidays of the whole year! PJ let me have the whole day off my full-time mothering job! So I went to workout at the rec center in the morning, did a little shopping, (then we had to interrupt my day because of a new car purchase, which is a pretty sweet Mother's day present), then I got to go out with a friend and have a pedicure followed by an ice cream cone. It was heavenly! A much needed break. I came home to find one very tired Papa:


Thank you, love, for letting me relax and taking on the tough job for the day! This was the best present ever! I love you!

Another sunny day in Oatmeal. Hanging out with the cuzz:







Here is our sweet little girl and her colorful artwork. She loves to incorporate as much different colors as possible whenever she is drawing or coloring or painting. I love it!


It was Ophelia's bestie's birthday and we got to go to the splash pad again, this time to celebrate Lois's 5th Birthday.




Mmmm, cake time!


The summer in Texas has officially begun! Woo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment