As I was rushing to finish last night's post, I realized that I forgot to mention a bunch of little things that I wanted to mention here. Even though PJ does not blog, he contributes by reminding me constantly: "You need to put that on the blog!" after something particularly funny or important happens in our family. So I have a running list of the things that if PJ were to blog, he would mention.
First important thing is mentioning the day when Emerson finally first said the word "Papa" - 18th of May 2013. For the longest time, Emerson called every family member "Mama". Each time Emerson called PJ Mama, PJ would respond "I'm Papa!". Finally, in May, Emerson's tongue turned in such a way as to be able to make the P sound and say "papa" for the very first time in his life! It was very memorable, especially for PJ! Since then he's been able to say Grandma - Mawmaw, Grandpa - Bawpaw, Babushka - Baba, and Dedushka - also Baba. We're getting there, people! Be patient and happy that you are not at least called Mama!
Back in May Emerson also had his 15th month checkup. He checked out to be in the 5% for height and 20% for weight. So in reference to other boys his age, he is a tiny guy. BUT he is in the 75% for head circumference, so that tiny body has one big head on top of it! During that well-child visit, the doctor commented on what a great personality Emerson has. That despite the poking, prodding, and looking, Emerson stayed calm and happy, and relaxed. The doctor said that 15-mo appointment are the worst in terms of behavior. Toddlers at that age do not want to be messed with, but not out sweet little guy. He did get two shots in each leg at the very end, so that did not go so well, he was not happy about that.
Both Emerson and Ophelia had ear infections in the beginning of June and were on antibiotics. So we saw the doctor a couple more extra times after that and every time Emerson sits still and calm while being examined. All the doctors and nurses have asked me: "Is he always this calm during doctor visits?" And he is! Maybe he is taking mental notes on how to be a doctor in the future!
This month we have been taking Emerson to nursery at church and he has loved it! He loves the various activities and having other kids around, singing time and snack time. So far I have been staying with him for half of it and then sneaking out and we had no issues at all. I think all those times of me taking him to the babysitting room at the rec center helped. He loves his rec center babysitters and knows them by name. He gets excited to go there every time! The babysitters have told me once that they want to adopt him! Of course! He snuggled and hugs on them, who wouldn't want to have a sweet boy like that? They have no idea that he wakes up at 5:30 am every morning...
Ophelia is our little creative bug. She loves to do any kind of crafts. She loves coloring and drawing. She can pretty much write all of the letters of the alphabet. When she colors, she does so using all of the colors possible, using each crayon or marker or pencil. She loves to come up with games for us to play for FHE. The other week, we played who can crawl under a string tied to a chair, while it was being lowered each time. Kind of like limbo. Good times!
She is also such a curious little girl. I love the questions that she comes up with and we are getting to the point where I don't know all of the answers and have to google them. How do ants kiss? What is inside of our bones?
The other Sunday, while I was getting ready for church and putting on my mascara, she asked: "What are you doing, mama?" I said: "Putting on mascara." She goes: "To scare everyone?" ....Logically! Never thought that "scare" and "mascara" are so similar sounding and in the mind of a 3-year old mean the same thing! Love that girl!
Also, she told me the other day: "Mama, I LOVE sugar!". Great! Just great! What kind of a mommy dietitian am I now? She does love her veggies too though, which has been a good influence on Emerson as well, so I guess not all is lost :)
No comments:
Post a Comment