What a depressing post title... I know! It just has been a bit hard for me to break away from the twenties and accept the fact that I am thirty now. There is nothing I can do about it and time will only move forward faster from here on now, but I just such a great third decade of my life that I am going to miss that a lot! It started with me barely being a newlywed, then getting my degree at BYU (while having a great time being a student), moving to Texas, internship, buying our first home together, working my first grownup job, bringing two beautiful babies into this world, moving to Austin and buying our perfect little home... So many firsts and milestones!
It gives me hope that in the resurrection we are all going to be in our twenties :)
My birthday started in the rec center, on the treadmill. I was never the person who can eat whatever I want and never see it in my waistline. So I started the morning right knowing that the will be some calories eaten today :) The upsetting part was typing in my age on the treadmill: 3 0!!!! Gasp! Unbelievable! Feels just like 29!
Like poring salt on the wound, when we drove to San Antonio a few weeks ago, I saw a huge billboard ad for weight loss and body surgery, that said: "Wanna feel 29 again???" Ahhhhh!
Well, at least I did for my 30th something I've never done before, which felt good and exciting - I flew!! Doubling up with Mark and Camille, we went to iFly and enjoyed getting blasted with a massive air flow. It sounded not so cool to me at first, well, not compared to skydiving, but it was actually amazingly fun! It was challenging to keep myself airborn and also to try moving my body in different directions. At one point in time the instructor made us both fly up super high and then descend! It was a blast! For sure made me want to go skydiving! That will be something to look forward to this next life decade :)
Here we are suited up before the flight:
The handles on the suit are for the instructor to direct you or lift you or pull you down. We lovingly named them "the love handles"!
Matchees:
The team is ready for take off! Seriously we laughed so hard throughout the evening that I was close to peeing my pants :) (re-usable earplugs and Mark's reluctant flight exit strategy) these guys are the best to go double-dating with!
Mark with his post-flight beard:
Good times! After flying we went out for Amy's ice cream, which was heavenly delicious (sure was glad for that treadmill start of the morning).
When we got home, I had a sweet surprise waiting for me from my Laurels from church. They heart-attacked our house! The funny part was that PJ was supposed to tell his Mom about the secret plans, so she would be ready for them. Well, PJ worked so hard to keep it a secret from me that he kept it a secret from everybody else too.
The twenties were wonderful, but I know that we have even better times ahead. Me and the love of my life cruising through life together, raising two beautiful munchkins, having joy in family life! Also, hopefully in a few years I'll be able to put myself back into the work field. Keeping the eternal perspective in mind I know that I am here to grow and learn and I am thankful for the years that I've been given and I'll need many more to learn how to be more Christ-like and how to faithfully deal with life's adversities.
Here we go, fourth decade! Bring it on!









Looks like a great way to start a new decade!!!
ReplyDelete