
Love this picture of Auntie Cami and the kiddos. Baby Winston is not so sure about Ophelia holding him :) Well, it was kinda scary at times, since she is not familiar with needing to hold a baby's head...

Proud uncle! Yay!

Camille is such a good mommie and she looks amazing for having given birth 2 weeks ago on that picture!

Meanwhile, we are still waiting for our little treasure to come into our world. These last weeks of pregnancy are killing me! All this waiting and waiting...I thought yesterday would be the night of his birth with some steady contractions that were getting stronger, but I went to bed and woke up with no contractions at all...so disappointing. I know the due date is the 22nd, but it just seems that he should be coming earlier than that. The whole guessing and waiting is what's the hardest part for me. I just keep telling myself that I am not going to be pregnant for the rest of my life, that his birth is just days away, and he is giving me time to get ready :)

Here is the big sister and the big cousin is some BIG boots! Ophelia said "I'm a cowboy!"

Waiting for her baby brother's arrival, she has been really into her dolls. She sleeps with two dolls now. When she wakes up in the morning and comes over to our bedroom, in her arms she always carries this babydoll, and not her duckie-blanket any more.

We had a hard time capturing the moment of Ophelia kissing my belly, so you have to use your imagination. She likes to give "baby Emerson" hugs and kisses and sometimes she pretends that she is taking him out (out of my belly button) and is holding him in her hands :)

She also keeps saying daily for the past few weeks: "Baby Emerson is gonna come out today!", which makes me excited (I'm thinking, maybe she is getting a signal from the spirit world), but, alas, he is still inside of me. We had spinach the other night for dinner and we dipped it in veggie dip. Turns out Ophelia loves spinach! Note the lollipop that she gave back to me, so that she could eat her spinach! Yesterday for lunch she ate three carrot stick, but only a few bites of rice and enchiladas. What a funny girl we have :) Or maybe I'm just such a good mommy dietitian :)

A couple of Ophelia-isms that made us crack up lately:
* We ask her occasionally about her doll: "Is your baby a boy or a girl?"
Her answer: "He is a girl!"
Go figure :)
* I take Ophelia to the Central Fort Worth library once a week and to get there we have to park in a tall parking garage and have to take the elevators down to the street level. She loves taking the elevators and helps out by pushing buttons :) So, one of those days, we were going down and two ladies waked in to ride down with us. One of them had some pretty strong perfume on. I look at Ophelia and see her sniffing the smells...I start getting nervous, thinking "uh-o, what is she planning to say now??". She turns to me and says: "Mama, it smells liiiiike (pause, which seemed to go on forever) flowers!" Phew! It was a close one :) The ladies turned around to her and commented how cute she was. They were lucky that she liked the smell...it could have been worse :)
Soon soon soon...So excited for your family!!!
ReplyDelete